Custom Search

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Test Day At The Gym

Went to the gym to see if there are any exercises that I can do without aggravating my elbow:

Bench presses - I set out pretty gingerly on these, mostly singles and doubles. Worked up to 275 lbs. Wohooo. A SLIGHT bit of pain in the right elbow, so I stopped there.

Clean&press - 135 lbs., needless to say this was a bad idea. Funny thing is, the elbow hurt on the presses, not the clean.

Bent-over row - 135 lbs x several sets x high reps. Not a lot of discomfort here either. But the weight was very light.

Deadlift - a few full-ROM reps, some partial pulls, up to 430 lbs on the partials. Elbow is fine as long as I don't try to bend it while pulling.

High pulls above waist - yeah, bad idea.

Shrugs - okay, cca. 320 lbs. max single.

Dips - these are 100% fine! That's good news.

Also looks like left elbow is healed, no more pain there.

I don't think I'll be going back to regular workouts for a while, though.

No comments: