Custom Search

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Bench Press Training - Ed Coan Routine, Week 11

14 June 2011

Note - I strained something in my left quad yesterday doing that stupid leg extension machine. There is a sharp pain just above my outer knee (in the quad, not the knee). Hips and hamstrings are brutally sore from squatting and leg pressing - I wasn't even using that much weight. Oh well. Hope the pain goes away before deadlift day.

Regular bench press 320 lbs. x 2 sets x 1

Stalled on the program here; was supposed to hit 2x2 with this weight, but it was just too heavy.

Close-grip bench press 285 lbs. x 2, x 1 (almost hit 2x2)

Incline bench press 225 lbs. x 2, 235 lbs. x 1, x 2

I'll still try for maxes on all three movements next Tuesday, see how that goes, then cycle to lighter weight + more reps.

Pullups 5x5

Low pulley rows 3 sets x 8

Bottoms-up bench worked up to 275 lbs. x 1, 320 lbs. x fail

EZ bar preacher curls 3 sets

Tricep pushdowns 3 sets

No comments: