Custom Search

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Switchup

5 June 2014


I decided to alter my training template so I can squat/pull heavy on Saturdays, as that's usually my best training day. Also doing heavy squats two days before heavy bench presses sometimes messes with the pressing, while the opposite is not the case. So in order to effect this switch I pressed two times in a row, Tuesday and Thursday (today). Needless to say, it sucked.

Bench press 340 lbs. x fail, x 3

The fail took me by surprise. I'd already pushed the bar through the sticking point and literally could not lift it the last few inches. The guy who was spotting me helped me rack it and walked away in disgust. Dumb meathead, check your ego at the door and use a weight you can actually lift. Or something along those lines.

I took a 5-minute break, tried again. Blasted the first rep, almost completely lost the second, nailed the third. Looked around triumphantly for the first spotter guy. He was already gone.

Bench press with SlingShot 365 lbs. x 3

This felt terrible. First one was paused, other two touch'n'go.

Pulldowns 2s x 10, 1s x 8, 1s x 5, 1s x 4

Triceps press machine 4s x 10, 1s x 8

DB concentration curl 3s x 6

That was it.

No comments: