Custom Search

Saturday, June 27, 2015

A Change of Gyms

26 June 2015


Gym was reflooring today, so they gave us passes to another gym from the same chain, also in my neighborhood. They have some really cool HammerStrength machines that my gym doesn't have, like a plate loaded seated dip machine which is the best exercise I've ever tried for my triceps, and a bent-over chest-supported row thingy which hits the upper back very well. Their squat rack and platform options, OTOH, are shittier.

I have a cheapskate membership that doesn't cover all the gyms in the same chain, so I can't use this other gym regularly. But if I could, I'd definitely go over there just to have a dip-and-row day. These machines are that good.

Squat 225x3, 275x5, 315x3, 365 (5+) x 10 reps

Leg press 50 total reps - sick pump brah, had to strip it down to 3 plates to make it all the way through the reps

Hack squat 3s x 10

Bent-over chest-supported row 3s x 10

Plate loaded dip machine x 4 sets

Seated shrug machine x 3 sets

Felt pretty good.

No comments: