Custom Search

Friday, June 5, 2015

SlingShot Bench Press

4 June 2015


Trained today because I won't be able to Friday and Saturday. Chest and triceps and shoulders were still sore from Tuesday, but most of the soreness was strangely in my lats.

Bench press 230x5, 265x5, SlingShot (5+) 300 x 11 reps

Really wanted 12, but it didn't happen. I'll just have to try for 12 with 310 next time.

Neutral-grip pullups 50 total reps

These went OK in spite of my lats being very sore. The reduced bodyweight might be helping with pullups. I clocked in at 206.4 yesterday. Not super light, and my weight has popped above 210 a couple of times during the week, but a solid loss from my previous average of 220-225.

Now if only I could get my pressing strength back to where it was before the weight loss...

Standing front press 185 lbs. 2sx3

My left palm started hurting on the second set - a weird pain like the bar was pressing down directly on the nerve, or something. So I didn't go for a third set. Just as well, because even the previous two felt very heavy and I had to cheat a couple of the reps with a kick.

DB tricep extensions 50 total reps

DB incline bench curls 50 total reps

DB front raise 50 total reps

2 comments:

MichiganMethod said...

All of you guys are doing these high reps. Swollertrophy Summer.

Nice job on the bodyweight. Eventually you'll get tired of your pressing weight being down from what it was and you'll tell yourself maybe a few more calories won't hurt. The lifts will start to go up and you'll justify those extra pounds, then hate yourself for it.

Fatman said...

"Eventually you'll get tired of your pressing weight being down from what it was and you'll tell yourself maybe a few more calories won't hurt. The lifts will start to go up and you'll justify those extra pounds, then hate yourself for it."

It's not like I haven't been doing this exact thing for the last 7-8 years.

Thankfully I hit a cut-off around 225-230, after which fat gains no longer translate into added pounds on the bar. So I've been able to resist the temptation to foreverbulk past that weight. So far.