Custom Search

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Everything Day

17 October 2015


Squat 355 lbs. 3s x 5

Knee felt OK. A bit of pain on the warm-up sets, then it was fine.

Mid-shin block pull 370 lbs. x 10 singles

Close-grip bench press 265 lbs. x 4

A much needed reminder of how weak my triceps have gotten. Over the past year and a half or so I've moved my bench press grip out wider and wider, allowing me to progress in weight more quickly but neglecting the weakest link in the chain. I was supposed to work up to a comfortable set of 4, and 265 was not comfortable. Could have maybe done 1-2 more reps, which at this weight is pretty weak.

Standing BTN press 135x3, 145x3, 155x3

Set an unusual PR in the BTN press in that I waited 11 minutes to do three sets that took me 3.5 minutes (including rest periods).

Leg extensions with top squeeze, 3s to failure

Read somewhere that these are good for quad tendonitis. Jury's still out.

No comments: