Custom Search

Thursday, March 19, 2020

Zombie Apocalypse Update

Hope everyone is staying safe and practicing social distancing. Wouldn't want to catch the viral cold of the zombie apocalypse with something like a 98.5% survival rate.



I lost close to 15 lbs. on a recent work trip. Strength hasn't exactly plummeted, but there is a noticeable dip. I've probably lost 20-30 lbs. off my top working sets on all lifts.

Wife thinks this is funny and has started calling me "anorexic bitch". Affectionately, no doubt.

All gyms in my area are closed and who knows when they'll open again. Before they closed, I posted the following weak lifts:

Bench press 315x6, 335x2

Squat 405x5, 425x3, 445x3

Standing overhead press 170 lbs. x 2s x 5

Deadlift 405x5, 445x2

2 comments:

huikat said...

Any other exercise you're going to do instead? I don't think I'm disciplined enough to do home workouts consistently, but I may try going back to push-ups, which I've stopped for over a year.

Fatman said...

When I can't lift, I do bodyweight exercises with and without bands and alternate upper and lower body workouts. They don't cause as much muscle damage as weight training, so I train more or less 6-7 days per week.

No set structure, just as many as I feel like. I usually lose hamstring strength rapidly, so I try to make sure I do plenty of direct work.

Pushups, for high reps and/or band-resisted, varied grip
Pullups, if I have anywhere to do them - also band-assisted for high reps
TRX rows and bicep curls
Band rows and curls

Split squats, rear and front foot elevated
Glute bridges
Band pullthroughs
Band good mornings
Sissy squats
Bodyweight squats

Try to get 200-300 total reps per workout. Less for upper body.