Custom Search

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Training - OH Press

10 April 2012


Still sore from the pressing on Sunday - those weighted dips kicked my ass (or rather shoulders, chest and triceps). I'll keep doing them as a third pressing exercise, and work them into the ground. They are safe and blast the upper body better than other pressing exercises (pump-wise) = win.

Seated BTN press:

Warmup - standing two-DB OH press, worked up to 70 lbs. x 3
135 lbs. x 3
160 lbs. x 5
170 lbs. x 4
180 lbs. x 3
190 lbs. x 2
205 lbs. x 1
210 lbs. x fail

160 lbs. x 8, x 4 - this will be my go-to tactic until my OH press recovers. If I can't get heavy singles in, I'll do a bunch of reps with a light weight.

Pulldowns 5 sets x 5-8 reps - left lat hurts on the first few sets, then gets better

Seated HS rows 4 sets x 10 reps

Bicep superset: DB preacher curl + EZ bar preacher curl x 3 sets

AB work x a lot

No comments: