Custom Search

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Training - Bench Press

3 May 2012

Turns out I'm going out of town next week and won't be back before the end of May. Hopefully I'll be able to do some lifting on the road; if not, I'll make sure I get plenty of cable work in. I haven't been logging it, but I am slowly getting back into cables, mostly high-rep stuff with light resistance on off days.

So the plan is to overtrain slightly, then use the time away to recover.

Bench press 255 lbs. x 2 sets x 8

Close-grip BP 215 lbs. x 7

Wide-grip BP 195 lbs. x 8

Pulldowns - did a 5-4-3-2-1 scheme ending with 240 lbs. x 1

Low cable rows 3 sets x 10 w/ moderate weight

Dips: bodyweight x 10, +25 lbs. x 2 sets x 5

Dead-stop standing BTN press, very wide grip - worked up to a double with light weight, 3 sets overall

Barbell skullcrushers x 2 sets

Bicep supersets: One-arm DB preacher curl + barbell preacher curl x 3 sets

No comments: