Custom Search

Monday, October 29, 2012

Training - Bench Press

28 October 2012


Weak bench pressing session today, I was still very sore from pressing on Wednesday and the weight felt a good 15 lbs. heavier than it actually was. I think I'm hitting a sticking point in the program but I'll run the remaining 4 weeks and see where it gets me.

I also think eliminating the seated front military press from the second round of the program was a mistake. Will definitely do more of those.

Bench press 320 lbs. x 4 sets x 2

Close-grip BP 235 lbs. x 10

Low pulley row 3 sets x 10, progressively heavier

Seated front military press:

135x5 - 155x5 - 175x5 - 195x2 (got weak on these, that's for sure)

Straight-arm lat pulldown 4 sets x 6

Concentration curl 4 sets x 6, heavy

Tricep pushdowns with rope attachment, 3 progressively heavier sets x 8-10 reps

No comments: