Custom Search

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Training - Press (Flat and Incline Bench)

23 November 2012


Tried to bench press again and the pain is still there. I've decided to drop the flat bench press for two months and concentrate on getting my pathetic incline press numbers up, using the same twice-per-week, sets of six approach which has worked well on the bench press. This will provide the necessary break for my injured pec muscle and increase shoulder strength - or at least that's the idea.

I can still bench press with this pain as it's not too bad, but I'd rather not take chances. I feel like I gained a lot of strength in this second cycle: last time my max for the sets of 6 was 280 lbs., this time I ended the cycle at 295, with a corresponding increase in my triples and doubles. However, seeing as I didn't max out after this cycle, I'll never know.

Bench press: 135x8 - 185x3 - 225x3 - 275x2 - 315x1 - 335xfail (a weight I was doing doubles with last time - definitely time to try something else).

Incline press 135x6 - 185 x 3 sets x 6, x 1 set x 7

Seated low pulley rows 4 sets x 10

Standing front press - worked up to 185 lbs. x 1, but was very tired at this point

Pullups 3 sets x 5

Flat bench flyes 1 set x 15, light

EZ bar curls w. elbows against wall 4 sets

DB skullcrushers - 55x10, 60x10, 65x10

Incline bench seated curls 3 sets x AMAP

No comments: