Custom Search

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Volume Day Pressing

21 May 2013


So I went to see the doc last week, I might have tendinitis in my right pec (where it attaches to the sternum). Much better than the tear I was dreading, but I will have to back off the bench press for a while. Bench pressing twice a week gives me great results in terms of weight lifted, but also seems to bring on nagging little injuries like this one. So for the time being I'll just do the low volume heavy sets on intensity day and ditch the BP on volume days.

That said, I did sneak in a set of close-grips today :)

Close-grip BP 225 lbs. x 10

Standing military press 175 x 5, 180 x 2 sets x 5 - usually I do these after benching, today they felt super easy

Pullups 1s x 5, neutral-grip 3s x 5

EZ bar curls against wall 1s x 8, 2s x 5

DB skullcrushers 3 x 10

Seated DB curl x 10, x 10, x 8

Tricep pushdowns 3s x 10

No comments: