Custom Search

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Benchspotting

12 April 2014


Bench press 315 lbs. x 4, x 6, x 5

I asked a new guy to spot me on the first set. He asked if I wanted a "liftoff", to which I said yes. He then proceeded to almost pull me off the bench as he helped me unrack the bar, then almost dropped the wildly wobbling bar on my face as I was trying to stabilize it. I mean, I have midget arms, how far up do you think they need to go? I managed to pull my shoulderblades back in and eked out a tough set of four.

Got another guy to spot on sets 2 and 3, and did 6 reps on the second set to make up for the fail on the first. This was better spotting.

Paused bench press with SlingShot 350 lbs. x 4 - same thing, Spotter 2 left, asked Spotter 3 to help me unrack (really tough with a SS on), he did almost the same thing as Spotter 1. Still the pauses were long (2-count), so pretty pleased with this set.

Smith machine CG floor press x6, x5, x4

Seated DB curl 4-5 light sets in between bench press sets, then 3sx6 heavy

Farmer's walk with KBs 3 rounds

No comments: