Custom Search

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Light Push

12 July 2014


As I expected, legs are extremely sore today.

Tried to experiment with rep ladders today, didn't get very far. Probably because doing ladders requires a lot of rest between sets, and I was trying to keep rest periods to around 45 seconds (60 seconds later in the workout). Was supposed to do 7/5/3 twice, instead did the following:

Bench press 275 lbs. 5/5/3/5/3

Supersetted with:

Smith machine bent-over row 5/5/3/5/5

Then:

Standing BTN press 155 lbs. 7/5/3/7/5/3

Supersetted with:

Pulldowns 10/10/8 (so only first 3 sets of the press)

EZ bar curls 5x5

Smith machine close-grip floor press 2s x 8

I think I'll keep doing the ladders as I get back into the lifting groove. 7/5/3 done twice is double my usual light day volume of 3 sets of 5, which is pretty decent. I'll keep the weight the same and try to reduce rest periods, then up the weight slightly once I'm getting all the reps in with very short breaks.

For my second press day (heavy) I've decided to give wave loading a shot. Should be an interesting experiment.

No comments: