Custom Search

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Lower Body Rehab - Week 3, Day 1

16 March 2015


Weighted back raise 2s x 15

Had to cut these short, the gym was a jungle tonight and I had to grab the power rack before ayone else moved in.

Squat 325 lbs. 3s x 5

These felt hard. Being able to squat 3 plates again is great, but my legs seem to have detrained pretty quickly. Then again, it's been something like 8+ weeks of no or light squatting.

Rack pull 315 lbs. 3s x 5

These were easy, but my lower back gave a little twinge after that last set, which freaked me out a bit.

Shrugs 315x10, 365x10, 385 2s x 8

Lower back did not like these either. I will switch to either seated shrugs with DBs or standing paused shrugs in the Smith machine (where I use a lot less weight).

Glute-ham raise 3s x 6

Lever machine split squats 4 sets x as many as possible - sick leg burn again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

fats how did you get injured?

Fatman said...

Started doing sumo deadlifts and deadlifting twice a week. Developed a tweak in my left hip, but nothing serious. Then I strained it moving a box at work, took a week or so off, went back to the gym and tried some light sumo singles, and my whole back seized up. Took me a couple weeks to just be able to squat the bar without pain.

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better man. The squat will come again, bigger and better this time.

Fatman said...

Thanks dude, I guess I'll wait and see what happens.