Custom Search

Friday, May 15, 2015

Press and Press

14 May 2015


Close-grip bench press 250 lbs. 2s x 8, 1s x 7

Could have gone for rep #8 on that last set, but my triceps were still sore from Tuesday's workout so I bitched out. My triceps have a habit of locking up / unexpectedly giving out when I do close-grip BP, and I wanted to avoid the embarrassment of getting pinned by 250 pounds and having to commit seppuku in the locker room shower later.

Standing front press 135x2, 165x1, 185x1, 205x1, 220 lbs. x 5 singles

Almost didn't make #1, it was probably the longest press repetition I've ever done. I blasted the weight up, stalled, ground it up a few inches, stalled again, managed to get it moving again (and promptly rammed the left-side 45# plate into the crossbar at the top of the rack, and almost dropped the bar on my head). Reps 2 through 5 were easier than 215 last week.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with the OHP progress. At least one of my lifts is moving.

Pulldowns 30 total reps, heavy

DB front raise 50 total reps

Seated DB curls 50 total reps

DB tricep extensions 50 total reps

Rope cable row 3s x 20

No comments: