Custom Search

Monday, December 14, 2015

Getting There

8 December 2015


SlingShot (R) bench press 365 lbs. x 2, 335x3, x1, 315 2s x 3

Was supposed to get 3 reps with 365, but no way. I realized that I screwed up the weights, because I based the percentages on my max with the Original SS (significant boost), but for some unknown reason am still using the Reactive (little to no boost) on my SS days. Which is a surefire recipe for... not-success. So, red or Original SS it is until the end of the cycle.

In addition to the above, I was only supposed to do 360x3, but decided to bump it up to 365 so as to not be a pussy. Obviously that went well.

Pulldowns 30 total reps

Standing BTN press 135x5, 150 lbs. 2s x 5

One-arm machine preacher curls 30 total reps per arm


10 December 2015

Bench press 300 lbs. x 4, 285 lbs. 3s x 4

Lately I've been having some shoulder issues when pressing, but today everything felt fine. So I did an extra back-off set.

Seated cable row 30 total reps

Standing BTN press 140 lbs. 3s x 6

Barbell curl 30 total reps

I kinda sorta curled in the squat rack today. Not really in it, but I leaned against one of the rack posts while curling (there was no space available to do wall curls). Imagined Lyfta making angry eyes at me from across the weight room.

Cable fly 2s x 10 - speaking of Lyfta.


11 December 2015

Paused bench press 285 lbs. x 2, 275 lbs. x 2

275 didn't feel heavy at all, but 285 felt more like 315 for whatever reason.

DB curl 3s x 8-10

Rear delt raise on incline bench, 2s x 20, 1s x 15

Pushdowns 3s x AMAP

Leg curl 4 sets

Leg extension 4 sets

Because it makes sense to bench press and then do leg isolation exercises.


12 December 2015

Squat 415 lbs. 3s x 2

Warmed up like this: 135x5, 225x3, 275x3, 315x2, 335x2, 365x2. This is significant because I only had 20 minutes to complete the whole workout. Squats were easy enough, but I definitely felt some lower back and hamstring soreness the next day.


13 December 2015

Mid-shin block pull 475 lbs. x 4 singles

Was supposed to do 5, but back was sore and now I'm super cautious about that sort of thing.

Pulldowns 30 total reps

Leg curl 4s x 8

Standing BTN press 135x3, 155x3, 165x3, 170x3 - at least this went well.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

curling in the squat rack? a brave decision! but, if you are legitimately strong you can get away with a lot of shit. :)

Fatman said...

It was really curling BY the squat rack. Sort of like pretending to be legitimately strong.

michiganmethod said...

I saw you on Nattyornot. You've generated more responses from the guy than anyone else. That should be the new spot.

Fatman said...

I trolled some more, but he didn't approve my posts or something.

I don't know why I do this. Maybe Celica is right. Maybe I really am a bad person.

michiganmethod said...

You're not a bad person. I like playing the role of devil's advocate too. He kind of came out of nowhere with the whole "i hate fatman" stuff. Apparently this has been building up. I think we all know that we kid around. I don't trust anyone that is too supportive, especially since most of us came from mopewod. I personally need someone to call me on my shit a lot of the time.

I'm going to try to convince nattyornot to allow comments on the posts. Maybe celica will come back.

michiganmethod said...

Also as much as I like natty's style, I'm sure he's the ultimate troll. He did some interview for this guy at: https://straighttalkingfitness.wordpress.com/2015/09/12/nattyornot-com-an-in-depth-interview/

This is the very telling part, "I actually still train. I do pull-ups on Monday. Legs on Wednesday and Dips on Friday." You have a special day for pullups?!? Or only go to the gym to do dips?!? This is like the guy that comes to the gym and only does pushups and lunges.

Cowboyguy said...

Where can I see this?

Humaun Kabir said...

Thanks for your valuable information. It really gives me an insight on this topic. I'll visit here again for more information.

gym tank tops