Custom Search

Monday, July 26, 2021

Back to Scheduled Programming

I finished my four-week higher-volume intro program with power to spare. All the weight targets were hit easily, which means that I programmed them correctly.

Squat 430 lbs. 3s x 5

Bench press 295 lbs. 3s x 5, close grip 280 lbs. x 4

Standing overhead press 165 lbs. 3s x 5

Deadlift 440 lbs. x 3 reps

I'm still dealing with pain on overhead presses, which is part of the reason why those numbers are so low. But I think I've pinned down the issue and will keep hammering away at it in the hope it gets better.

On Monday, I'm resuming my pre-pandemic program, with a few tweaks. Hopefully the gym will stay open long enough for me to get close to my old numbers. Right now it looks like we're heading for a shitshow in the fall/winter.

No comments: