Custom Search

Monday, July 12, 2021

One Step At a Time

Week 2 down, and all the weights still feel easy. Except the deadlift. My back is pretty beat from squatting 400+ lbs. twice a week, then deadlifting in the same weight range. One option is to dial back the assistance work, however I barely do any. Just one death-set of leg presses and one of machine Romanian deadlifts, up to 20 reps. I'm also leery of low back strain, as this has been a problem for me in the past.

It's a good, minimalist program. I'm tempted to keep milking it until the gainz run dry. But I'm also trying to be realistic. It's possible to squat/pull heavy, or to squat/pull often, but not both. Also these aren't real gainz - all I'm doing is getting back to where I was before.

Squat 415 lbs. 3s x 5

Bench press 280 lbs. 3s x 5, close-grip 265 lbs. x 5

Standing overhead press 150 lbs. 3s x 5

Deadlift 420 lbs. x 3

1 comment:

valdalapera said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.