Custom Search

Monday, October 17, 2011

Miscellaneous Pressing

17 October 2011

I had to move the first pressing session of this week to Monday due to time constraints later in the week. This made it my fourth training day in a row, with the upper body still sore from the bench press session on Saturday. As a result today's numbers were low - a nice 80% session, but nothing special.

On a more positive note, I had to wait for the power rack to free up and started doing some close-grip bench presses with chains in the meantime (someone else had been using the chains and I just picked up after they finished). Ended up hitting a conservative max. I must say that I find this movement absolutely awesome and plan to incorporate it more into my misc pressing workouts in the future.

Overhead press from rack: warmup, 205 x 1, 215 x 1, 225 x 1, 235 x fail

Pullups 3 sets x 8

Close-grip BP with chains: don't know how much the chains weigh, but this is how it went:

135 lbs. + chains x 5-6
185 lbs. + chains x 3
205 lbs. + chains x 3
225 lbs. + chains x 3
245 lbs. + chains x 2
255 lbs. + chains x 1

Bottoms-up bench press: was already beat up by now, so I just hit a couple of singles:

Warmup x a few sets
255 lbs. x 1, 265 lbs. x 1, 275 lbs. x 1

No comments: