Custom Search

Monday, November 14, 2011

Squat and Bench Press Training

14 November 2011

I'll be away on business over the next week and a half, so I decided to go into slight overtraining before I leave. Lower body only - I will be bringing my cables on the trip and working the hell out of the upper body. I'll also be spending more time on practising perfect, paused bench press form with light weights several times per week (if I find a gym on the road, even more so). This will hopefully help my right shoulder heal faster.

Squat:

Warmup x a bunch of sets
285 lbs. x 1
295 lbs. x 1
370 lbs. x 2 (belt + wraps)
415 lbs. x 1 (b+w)
440 lbs. x 1 (b+w)
340 lbs. x 5 (supposed to pause these, but too tired)

Bench press: hit a bunch of triples focusing hard on perfect body positioning. It's pretty hard - even with light weights you have to contort your body and hold the pose in order to have the bar descend correctly. Finished off with 225 lbs. x 5 sets x 3.

Pullups 5x5

Seated HammerStrength rows 3 sets x 6-7, kinda heavy

Dips x 15, x 12

DB flyes on slightly inclined bench, 1 set x 11 (wanted to hit 20 reps but my rotator cuff was complaining) with a pair of 50s

No comments: