Custom Search

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pressing With Haltings

15 February 2014


Had to wrap up the lifting in 40-45 minutes, so only did the bench press sets and left.

Paused close-grip BP 300 lbs. x 4, x 5, 280 lbs. x 4

Spotter on second set. Was pretty happy with the first set, felt like I could have gotten five but my triceps tend to give out without any warning on the CGBPs so I didn't risk it. Will try 305 next week.

Paused CGBP with SlingShot 335 lbs. x 5

First time SlingShot benching with no spotter. I survived, but racking and unracking the bar felt really awkward. Maybe it was the adrenaline, but the set felt super light, paused for a good 2-count on each rep.

Later in the day I did some cable pulls:

Front chest pull 2s x 10

Overhead downward pull 2s x 10

Seated bicep curl 2s x 10

No comments: