Custom Search

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Specialization

Shoulder is still sore, but pressing is going well. I have been breaking rep PRs on both the regular and close-grip bench press. My overhead press has stalled, which I'm not overly concerned with. It seems like my bench presses stall when my overhead presses are progressing, and vice versa. So far my experience with the Cast Iron program has been positive.

Recently I did:

Close-grip bench press - 315x6 and 325x5.

Both these are big rep PRs, and I feel like I could have done more.

Bench press - 315x7, 320x8, 325x10, 350x3

The last three are rep PRs. I've done 325 lbs. for 4 or 5 reps in the past, but never came close to ten. I may have pressed 350x3 before but I doubt it.

Of course, now I'm tempted to make big jumps in weight, but I won't. Slow and steady and all that.

Not much to report on the squat/deadlift front, and I'm fine with that too. As long as I maintain strength on those two lifts and incrementally up my bench and overhead press, all is well.

Deadlift - 445x3, 465x2

Squat - 445x3, 455x3

Standing overhead press - worked up to 220x1 with some cheating

No comments: