Custom Search

Thursday, April 28, 2022

Interrupted

Won't get to complete this training cycle, as I'm taking the next three weeks off for travel.

I've decided to tweak my bench and overhead press training a bit, and will move to a more sets x reps approach when I come back. It's a 12-week routine I've used with decent success in the past, going from sets of six to a 1RM in a gradual progression. Squats and deadlifts will be trained as usual, with regular deload/low volume weeks.

Some recent highlights:

Squat: 485 lbs. x 3, 490 lbs. x 3

Standing overhead press: 150 lbs x 11, 170 lbs. x 9, 190 lbs. x 4

Bench press: 325 lbs. x 8, 345 lbs. x 2

Incline bench press: 240 lbs. x 2 sets x 6

Deadlift: 475 lbs. x 2, 480 lbs. x 2, 500 lbs. x 2

It feels like I'm getting better at reps on the bench press, but my heavy sets have stalled almost completely. This new routine should shake things up a bit.

No comments: