Custom Search

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Bench Press Training - Heavy

21 December 2011


Trained today with a sizeable hangover and on only 5 hours of sleep. Bench pressing started slow, then picked up and I ended up pressing 10 lbs. below my personal best. I guess the chain bench pressing paid off. I was also trying to go as heavy as possible as I'm going away for the holidays and will not be near a gym. Overall a pleasant surprise.

Bench press:

Warmup x a few sets
290 lbs. x 4 reps, x 3 reps x 2 sets
305 lbs. x 1 (went up like it wasn't there)
325 lbs. x 1 (also felt only moderately heavy)
340 lbs. x 1 (good)
350 lbs. x 1 (looked ugly as shit but I nailed it)

Pullups 5x5

Seated cable rows 3 sets

Two-DB hammer curls 3 sets

Machine preacher curls 5-6 sets of 5-8 reps

No comments: