Custom Search

Monday, March 30, 2015

Mixed Weekend Work

28 March 2015


Took a day off on Friday and woke up to everything hurting on Saturday. My hip injury was flaring up big time, but there was also pain in my shoulders, elbows, wrists, etc. So I decided to work everything at the gym and see what happens.

Squat 335 lbs. 3s x 5 - moved stance in closer on last two sets because the hip hurt. Then my knees hurt. Good times.

Bench press 315 lbs. 3x3 - was going to do 3sx5, but the weight felt too heavy.

Rack pull 325 lbs. 3s x 5 - this felt okay.

Standing overhead press 135 lbs. 3s x 5 - also felt heavy.

DB curls 3s x 8

Cable pushdowns 3s x 12

Ab crunch machine 3s x 12

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Squat 335 lbs. 3s x 5 - moved stance in closer on last two sets because the hip hurt. Then my knees hurt. Good times."
LOL at that. Not because I think it is funny you hurt, but know what you mean and can relate funny. Nice job on pushing thru. I used to run with a guy, a preacher, and I would be complaining about this or that hurting and he would say, "Its ok, just push through." Makes me think of Abadjiev.

Fatman said...

I think "pushing through" is bad and counterproductive. But I still do it. Meathead logic.

I was reading through my log a few days ago and realized that I first developed hip pain in December. But instead of taking care of it I "pushed through", even set a squat PR. Then by the end of January I was barely squatting just the empty bar. Overall, pretty dumb.