Custom Search

Monday, July 6, 2015

Pulls and Knee Pain

6 July 2015


Mid-shin pull 315x2, 385x1, 435x1, 465x1, 485x1, 505x1, 525 x fail

505 is not bad. My best ever deadlift was 515 pounds, and my mid-shin pull was always lower than my deadlift, so this is almost like matching my deadlift PR.

High bar squat 225x5, 275x3, 295 (3+) x 7

My right knee was really bothering me, so I cut this set way short.

Hack squat 1s x 12, 3s x 10

Leg curl 3s x 21s

Hanging leg raise 3s x 10

Later at home I foam rolled my quads and IT band and my right knee was instantly and miraculously better. I need to devote at least 5 minutes once a week to foam rolling (back and legs), it always helps me get rid of weird little pains and I don't know why I always completely forget to do it.

2 comments:

SomeCowBoyGuy said...

Well foam rolling is pretty tedious. I used to never do it, but then committed to doing it for 10 minutes every morning before work. It's made a huge difference in how my body feels. It's still boring though.

Fatman said...

It's really made a change for me, especially getting rid of lower back soreness and piriformis / IT band problems. I know people are divided over whether it's worth doing or not. My take is, don't do it for 30 minutes before every workout, but it can be a great tool.