Custom Search

Monday, November 9, 2015

Groundhog (Bench) Day

8 November 2015


So my assignment got extended and I didn't make it home until Saturday. Went to the gym and just basically repeated last pre-trip workout to restart the cycle. Also I somehow dropped 5 pounds during my trip and now weigh around 203. Seeing as I no longer lift heavy and don't need the extra bodyweight, that's a good thing?

Bench press up to 310 lbs. x 3, then 280 lbs. 2s x 3

Paused bench press 250 lbs. 2s x 5

Seated cable row 30 total reps - forgot I was supposed to do these on a separate day

Standing BTN press 140 lbs. 3s x 5 - also forgot I was only supposed to do 2 sets of these.

EZ bar curls 30 total reps

Pushdowns 3 sets x AMAP

Last November I weighed in excess of 220 pounds and was capable of lifting some decent weights. A year later I've lost over 15 pounds BW (granted, most of it on purpose) and all my lifts are way down. Training-wise, 2015 has been a complete writeoff.

2 comments:

:/ said...

Also, can you really call yourself "Fatman" at 203 pounds? Given your lifts, I'm assuming you have pretty decent body composition at 203 unless you're like 5'4 or something.

Fatman said...

Yeah, I'm 5'11" and change. But "Averageman" just doesn't have the same ring to it. Also, it's a state of mind, not body.