Custom Search

Friday, December 15, 2017

Volumization

Lifts in the past week (volume focused):

Deadlift 425x5 (no belt)

Bench press 335x4, SlingShot 345x5

Squat 445x5, paused 365x4

Press behind neck standing 155 x 2 sets x 5, seated 195x3, 175x5

Looking back, 2017 has been one of my best years strength-wise. Training has been haphazard and I wasn't able to follow a regular program, but I retained a decent amount of strength and posted some good numbers in the 3-5RM range. With some more consistency I'm pretty sure I could have equaled my best ever bench press and deadlift poundage and done a five plate squat.

Still doing a lot of constant-tension bicep work (mostly machines and cables) and tricep exercises with bands (e.g. band+cable pushdowns). It's a little easier on the joints (elbows are giving me trouble again) and produces a really great pump.

No comments: