Custom Search

Monday, June 27, 2011

Bench Press Training - Ed Coan Routine, Week 13 (New Cycle)

27 June 2011

Tried some light squats today but lower back is still in pain. My hips are also feeling weird and it took me five or six sets to break parallel - I would descend to about an inch above parallel and just stop there, unable to go lower. When I finally managed to squat below parallel I think I topped out at something like 155 lbs. for 3 reps and it was painful, so I just gave up.

Tried leg presses - another no-go.

So I decided to start my new Ed Coan bench routine a day earlier than planned:

Regular bench press 235 lbs. x 2 sets x 10 (last set was tough)

Close-grip bench press 210 lbs. x 2 sets x 10 (could not complete second set, had to rest-pause the reps)

Incline bench press 155 lbs. x 2 sets x 8 reps, 135 lbs. x 1 set x 6 reps

Incline bench is still lagging behind the program, but I'm not too worried.

Then I did some bottoms-up incline presses in the power rack - worked up to 185 lbs. x 3.

Finished with some ab work - incline ab board 1 set, standing band crunches x 3 sets

For lower back rehab, did seated good mornings - 2 sets x 10 with just the bar, stretches and foam rolling.

No comments: