Custom Search

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Pulls

2 April 2014


Deadlift 135x6, 225x4, 315x3, 385x1, 415x1, 460x3 (belt), 405x2

Everything felt great, then working set sucked. My abs and lower back started cramping up, which almost never happens to me when deadlifting. I almost lost rep no. 2. Tried a backoff set with 405, but the cramping got more intense so I stopped. Really weird, since my last squat workout was light and I had two days to recover from it.

On the other hand, 460 might be a "rep PR", last time I tried this weight I only got two reps. So maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought.

I'm also developing an epic case of plantar fasciitis in my left heel. It's been hurting for a couple months now, but last few weeks have been extremely painful. Maybe that's preventing me from digging in the heels properly? I don't know, but I do want it to go away.

Did 20 reps of ring pullups (total) in between deadlift sets.

Weighted Roman chair situps 3s x 8

Weighted back raises 3s x 6

Farmer's walk 3 rounds - lots of fun after deadlifts.

No comments: