Custom Search

Friday, April 8, 2016

Svelte

7 April 2016


Weighed in at slightly over 211 lbs. today. This is surprising, as I've been feeling pretty skinny lately and wondering if I should increase my daily food intake. I guess not.

SlingShot bench press 335 lbs. x 5, 315 lbs. x 6, 300 lbs. 2s x 6

Still couldn't hit 335x6 as planned. I don't know how many times I've written those same words. Not terribly concerned about it because my lower-rep weights have been moving upward, but 335x6 seems to be some sort of mental barrier I just can't get over.

Pullups x 5 or 6 sets - in between presses, focused on "spreading the bar" with my lats

Seated cable rows 4s x 8

Incline bench press 4s x 8

Dips 3s x 8

Various cable curls x a bunch of sets

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

5x 335lbs is still great stuff. funny how the mind plays tricks on you, such as the mental barrier you mentioned.

Fatman said...

It's pretty weird, I think I hit 345x5 in the last cycle, but 335x6 is just not possible.